Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Importance of Doing Nothing (Occasionally Of-course)

Image Source: eatpraylovethechallenge.blogspot.com


I was just sitting today after a long period of time,maybe some 2 months or so, doing the work I think I should do more often. The work about which I am talking about is doing NOTHING! Yeah, you heard it right,"nothing". Doing nothing and just lying down when you know some things can be done tomorrow is amazing. It needs some planning although. Like I have 2 days for my C project and I know I can make it work it one day so I just decided to do nothing today and just watch other people around me doing some work or the other. Don't take this post as a list of excuses to be a lazy ass! I am not telling you to stop working. I am just telling you that don't just follow all the routines. Random relax sessions are good too if you can plan well. Don't just leave all the work for the last day,instead divide the month's schedule in a way that you can have just ONE DAY,just one single day, to do nothing. It has many benefits.

1. First of all, it makes you used to planning better and saving a day from work.Hence you can rest at the cost of becoming a better planner. Basically a win-win situation for you.

2.Secondly, when you start relaxing, at a point, the relaxation seems boring and it works in a reverse way to make you more efficient towards work.It's human tendency that if a person is getting bored by something,he will surely get excited if he has something exactly opposite to do to.Hence when you will return back to work the next day then "work" will seem the exact opposite to "doing nothing" and you will find it interesting as well.

3.It will give you one extra day every month,so now if you miss something important then you have this 'Do-Nothing Day' to complete it.(Although the day is meant for doing nothing :-P still sometimes it can be planned for a later time too.)

Indians specifically, need this day once in a month(not more than that as it can have side effects :-)) because they are quite stressed at work and find work monotonous and repetitive.Thus, to replenish your mood cells and to make work seem fresh and new, DO NOTHING.!! As simple as that.

Take care, be happy and Keep reading !





Share This!


5 comments:

Popular Posts

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates