Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Memories (The dreaded IITJEE)...

8th April... I remember this day very well as last year I gave the most dreaded exam of all, the IITJEE exam on this day only.
I was going to the exam centre with my Dad and there was no sense of fear in me as I thought that I won't be able to make it since you need to be a complete nerd to clear IITJEE, and I was not even close to that.Yet my dad's face reflected a slight hope that maybe his son will clear this exam. It was all because of that hope that I kept my moral high and believed in luck to be strong at that moment. Dad stopped the car as we reached the centre
and I went to check my roll number on the list. And then I went in the examination hall for the biggest battle in any engineer's lifetime, after seeing off my Dad. The paper was of three hours as you all know and I started the exam which seemed not as tough as it was told to be. Still I kept doing the paper and managed to do a decent amount of  questions. I came out of the exam hall and my Dad was waiting right there behind the gate. As soon as I reached the gate he asked me the usual question, "How was the paper?". I replied it was good as I didn't know that when you don't study and IIT seems easy to you, then you are sadly mistaken. Dad asked me a questiin which was even tougher than the first one. "If the second paper goes as good as this one, will you get into IIT?", asked dad assuming that all the great things in the world will happen to me that day.I didn't say anything and went to have some food with my dad.
Then came the second exam and I got a reality check. The paper seemed like rocket science. The multiple correct answers puzzled me to the extent that I started marking random answers in the paper. I did all I could and my mind started to give up as I have never in my whole life applied so many tough concepts in a span of six hours. Finally the bell rang and I went out to my dad only to tell him that this one was really tough. He still showed an optimistic approach and said,"Maybe everybody found it difficult and not only you.". In my mind, I saluted my dad's expectations from me and also felt bad, because I was sure I won't make it.
But I decided one thing and that was,
No matter which college I get, I am gonna give back to him whatever he expected from me.

Share This!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates